September 9, 2023
Progressive AE has finished compiling all information and feedback they gathered from their time on campus and the various staff, ministries, and parish-wide town hall. They have presented a campus-wide master plan to the Building Steering Committee, which identifies potential spaces, not design or layout.
This weekend’s bulletin includes an insert with a drawing of the long range vision plan, as well as an explanation of what a long range vision plan is, what the guiding principles are, and what the next steps are.
The Steering Committee will be in the Narthex after all Masses on the weekend of September 16 and 17 to answer questions with much larger displays that more clearly label the vision for our campus. Consider stopping by next weekend and taking a look!
The next step will be for the feasibility study to begin. This process will take some time, as well as many sacrifices from our community as we look at how we can generously support this vision over the coming years to make it a reality. We look forward to this journey with you!
July 26, 2023
Progressive AE is collecting questionnaires from all departments, staff, and ministries and are now interviewing them. At the end of July/beginning of August, they will study our existing facilities and document our current campus. Over several weeks they will process the
collected data and implement that knowledge into design concepts. This process should take until the end of August; at that time we will present the study’s conclusions and the official master plan.
Letter from Fr. Mark Peacock
Dear Holy Spirit Community,
It is with great encouragement from many parishioners as well as approval from the Pastoral Council, Finance Council and Board of Education that I formed a Building Steering Committee to assess the needs of our campus and develop a master plan. Because of Holy Spirit’s great growth and ministry development, it is time we take a look at how we can better support the needs of every member of our community. I am excited to see what the future holds!
- Our Parish has grown by over 200 parishioners in the past year. Expansion of assess like the Multipurpose Room will allow for a more vibrant and connected community.
- Our Child Development Center is an excellent self-sustaining asset that can be expanded to provide infant care to further support our young families.
- As the Parish flourishes, our staff continues to grow to serve you and lacks adequate space for meetings, small groups, conferences, etc.
- Our enrollment in the school is the highest it has been in 10 years and is expected to continue to increase. (We already have 320 students enrolled for next school year and anticipate another 10-15 students to enroll by fall. Currently, our school building can only house 390 students.)
- Our growing ministries continue to exaggerate the lack of space, especially with the potential of adding a Youth Minister in the future.
- No major construction or renovation project has been conducted in 30 years.
- Current ministries such as funeral services, Knights of Columbus breakfasts, special events, coffee & donuts, etc. are underserved by the current facilities.
- Wayfinding has always been a struggle for Holy Spirit. This coupled with an ever-growing concern for community safety calls for a review of the circulation and access control of the entire campus.
- Through the interviewing process with multiple architectural firms, it became clear to the committee that now is the time to define a Master Plan for the future of our community and its campus.
- Progressive AE has been selected to lead a holistic investigation of the Parish to clearly outline our needs and from there will design a phased Master Plan that will prioritize and sequence our needs.
What to expect:
- Over the next few weeks, Progressive AE will orchestrate a series of workshops, a parish wide town hall meeting, and surveys to hear your (the community’s) opinions.
- They will then assess the data that they collect while investigating our current facilities to provide a complete picture of the Parish’s current state.
- After the 10-week process, Progressive AE will present a Master Plan Package to the Steering Committee and Parish demonstrating their proposed solutions to our needs.
- Although this plan may change over time, it is intended to guide the Parish as we continue to grow in our mission.
Fr. Mark Peacock