Bring your chairs and blankets and please join us on Saturday, September 21st for our Family Movie Night featuring an 18-foot movie screen! The movie will begin at 8:00pm and will be announced soon!
This is a FREE event for our parish community! This event is generously being sponsored by Arsulowicz Eye Care.
We hope you will join us for this night of family fun!
We will be celebrating all of our “Newcomers” to the parish on September 21/22. There will be a Knights of Columbus breakfast to celebrate this occasion. It is also the weekend when we will have name tags available for everyone to put on as you come into the church — what a great way to learn someone’s name. There will be tables with name tags and Sharpie markers at each of the entrances to the church. Please write your name on a name tag and wear it during Mass.
You can listen to Fr. Larry’s talk “Hope In the Darkness” here!
The Holy Spirit School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is excited to announce the 12th annual Walking With The Spirit fundraising campaign.
When: Friday, September 20th.
Where: Prayer service at 1:00pm in the Church, followed by the walk in the back parking lot.
Who: The entire Holy Spirit Community including students, families, parishioners, and our Holy Spirit neighborhood are invited to pray and walk.
Money raised will support PTA initiatives including classroom technology enhancements, funding for classroom supplies and equipment, operation of the school library, and field trips.
Your donations are greatly appreciated, and can be dropped off at the parish office or can be made easily online at: bit.ly/holyspiritwalk.
All employees and volunteers that work with children are required to take the Protecting God’s Children Awareness training. Volunteers may now take a shortened version of this class online. It takes approximately 1-1 ½ hours to complete since it does not have as many videos and discussions. Please be aware that anyone later becoming an employee (lunch room, recess supervisor, substitute teacher, coach at the high school, etc.) will have to attend a live session at that point. If that might be an option in the future, you might want to attend a live session now. Our next live session is scheduled for this Wednesday, August 28 in the Multipurpose Room from 6-9 pm. Please preregister at www.virtus.org.
Begin registering online by going to: www.virtusonline.org
- On the left side of the page, click on FIRST-TIME REGISTRANT
- Click on “Begin the registration process”
- Click in the box stating “Select your organization”
- Scroll down to “Grand Rapids, MI (Diocese) and click on it
- Set your Virtus account by creating your user name and password
- Fill in your personal information. Those fields marked with a Red * must be filled in. If you do not have an email address, click on the No Email button.
- Click the Continue button
- Scroll down the drop-down menu to choose the parish or school/s you are associated with.
- Click the continue button
- Check the box or boxes of role/s, and type in your title or position/s, and continue
- Check yes or no on the three questions, and continue
- Answer if you have already attended a Virtus Session?
- Click no, if you have not attended.
- Click yes, if you have attend.
- If you clicked yes, click on the session you attended from the drop-down menu, and click on Complete registration. (You should contact the diocese at 616 475-1246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request approval for the session you’ve already attended)
- If you clicked no, click on the Virtus training you would like to attend. Volunteers may choose Online training in English or Spanish, or choose from any upcoming live training. Educators and Employees will need to pick from the available live Protecting God’s Children for Adults sessions.
- Confirm the session you chose is correct
- Those who chose the online training will then log into their Virtus account with the user name and password they just set up. Click on the training tab and begin the online training process.
- Those who chose the live training, you will receive an email confirming the session you’ve signed up for.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Diane Schoof at email@example.com or (616)453-1591.
Join us in prayer during the first all-school Mass of the year at 8:45am in the Sanctuary! All-school Masses are open to the whole community!
There is a Holy Day of Obligation this week!
Holy Spirit Parish will be offering Masses on Thursday, August 15th at 8:00am, 12:00pm, and 7:00pm. Please join us in honoring The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary!
Join the Holy Spirit Knights of Columbus on Saturday, August 17th after 5:00pm Mass for a Church BBQ!! Enjoy food, fellowship, games and fun! This event will accept free will offerings and all proceeds will benefit the NEW Agile Classroom Project at Holy Spirit School!
Are you or someone you know interested in becoming Catholic? We have two informational meetings scheduled for new inquiries on Sunday, August 11th and Sunday, September 8th at 9:15am between the Masses. If you have not already contacted Diane Schoof, please call her at 616-453-1591 and leave a message, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know which meeting you would like to attend.
Holy Spirit has begun sending out monthly e-newsletters to our parishioners via email. These newsletters will consist of upcoming events, recaps of previous events, and important announcements for each parishioner to receive. If you have not received an e-newsletter yet and would like to begin doing so, please contact our Communications Coordinator, Sara Birney, at email@example.com and she will add your email address to our list!