Reports to: Pastor
Job Status: Full Time
The Bookkeeper provides support to the Business Manager relating to the financial accountability of parish funds, and to assist in the communication with the members of Finance Council.
Holy Spirit Catholic Church is a community of approximately 1,500 families with a school of about 300 preschool – eighth grade students, and a Foundation with $5 million in assets. The parish has 64 full and part-time employees and a very active volunteer base. The campus is in the desirable and growing northwest section of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the posting of cash receipts and assists in the accounts receivable cycle (i.e. tuition)
- Responsible for the accounts payable cycle from invoice entry to payment and provide the Business Manager with aging reports and cash requirements
- Prepare and transfer the data necessary to complete the bi-weekly parish payroll and enter the data into the general ledger
- Maintain the personnel files for all parish employees. Responsible for answering employee questions regarding fringe benefits and assisting in the annual open enrollment period
- Attends and records the monthly meeting of the Finance Council. Prepares minutes of the meeting and assists in the monthly communication to Finance Council and administrative staff
- Perform clerical duties as directed by the Business Manager
- Maintain professional growth by attending courses and/or seminars relating to accounting, computer information systems, or secretarial skills
- Assures that financial “best practices” are maintained
Position is full time (25-30 hours per week).
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration, or equivalent experience in proper accounting practices and experience in the field
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational and communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Exhibits proficiency in the use of office equipment and necessary software
- Active member of the Roman Catholic Church
- Qualified or able to become qualified with all Diocesan personnel requirements
Holy Spirit offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes health, life, disability, retirement, paid vacation, and tuition discounts at Holy Spirit School.
Qualified applicants must provide a cover letter and resume to Fr. Mark Peacock via email to email@example.com.