All employees and volunteers that work with children are required to take the Protecting God’s Children Awareness training. Volunteers may now take a shortened version of this class online. It takes approximately 1-1 ½ hours to complete since it does not have as many videos and discussions. Please be aware that anyone later becoming an employee (lunch room, recess supervisor, substitute teacher, coach at the high school, etc.) will have to attend a live session at that point. If that might be an option in the future, you might want to attend a live session now. Our next live session is scheduled for this Wednesday, August 28 in the Multipurpose Room from 6-9 pm. Please preregister at www.virtus.org.
Begin registering online by going to: www.virtusonline.org
- On the left side of the page, click on FIRST-TIME REGISTRANT
- Click on “Begin the registration process”
- Click in the box stating “Select your organization”
- Scroll down to “Grand Rapids, MI (Diocese) and click on it
- Set your Virtus account by creating your user name and password
- Fill in your personal information. Those fields marked with a Red * must be filled in. If you do not have an email address, click on the No Email button.
- Click the Continue button
- Scroll down the drop-down menu to choose the parish or school/s you are associated with.
- Click the continue button
- Check the box or boxes of role/s, and type in your title or position/s, and continue
- Check yes or no on the three questions, and continue
- Answer if you have already attended a Virtus Session?
- Click no, if you have not attended.
- Click yes, if you have attend.
- If you clicked yes, click on the session you attended from the drop-down menu, and click on Complete registration. (You should contact the diocese at 616 475-1246 or email email@example.com to request approval for the session you’ve already attended)
- If you clicked no, click on the Virtus training you would like to attend. Volunteers may choose Online training in English or Spanish, or choose from any upcoming live training. Educators and Employees will need to pick from the available live Protecting God’s Children for Adults sessions.
- Confirm the session you chose is correct
- Those who chose the online training will then log into their Virtus account with the user name and password they just set up. Click on the training tab and begin the online training process.
- Those who chose the live training, you will receive an email confirming the session you’ve signed up for.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Diane Schoof at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)453-1591.